Employee Benefits at Good Samaritan
We offer excellent medical insurance that includes 100% hospitalization. There are two plans available to choose from, both of which provide prescription coverage, including:
Choose between Delta Dental preventive services plan or a more extensive plan that offers 80% coverage for basic services and 50% coverage for major services plus orthodontia coverage up to $1,500.
Davis Vision Plan pays 100% (usual and customary) for routine eye examination and refraction services when seen by providers in the network.
Life insurance, including accidental death and dismemberment, is provided in an amount equal to the employee's annual base salary.
Employees also have the option to increase their life insurance and purchase spouse and/or dependent coverage at a minimal cost.
Healthcare Spending Account
Health care spending accounts allow employees to put up to $3,000 pre-tax dollars aside to reimburse themselves for items and services such as office co-pays and prescription costs that might not be covered by their insurance.
Dependent Care Spending Account
Dependent care spending accounts allow employees to pay for dependent care with pre-tax dollars through payroll deductions. Employees can set aside up to $5,000 pre-tax dollars annually and then use the account to reimburse themselves for dependent care eligible expenses.
Pension plan contributions are made by the GSH for all employees working 1,000 hours or more per year. Employees are fully vested after 5 years (1000 hours or more each year) of employment.
Tax Sheltered Annuity
All employees are eligible to participate in this long-term savings and investment program. Contributions are made through payroll deductions with pre-tax dollars.
- Vacation - Full-time employees earn a minimum of 80 hours per year and part-time employees earn a minimum of 40 hours per year. Accrual rates are based on job status and years of service and are accrued bi-weekly.
- Sick time - Full-time employees earn 80 hours per year and part-time employees earn 40 hours per year. Our Sick Bonus Pay is paid at the discretion of Administration. If it is offered at the end of the year, up to one half of an employee's unused yearly sick accrual can be paid.
- Personal Days - Full-time employees earn one personal day per quarter
- Holidays - Full-time employees receive six (6) paid holidays per year.
- Part-time employees receive 40 hours of Personal/Holiday paid time off per year.
Other Benefit Options Available to Employees
- Tuition Account Program - Save for your children's education through payroll deductions.
- Be a Healthcare Professional Program - Work part-time while attending school and receive full-time insurance benefits, and paid tuition.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Receive 80% reimbursement if full-time and 40% reimbursement if part-time, for education costs.
- Sick Child Care Program - Have your sick child cared for while you work
- Credit Union - Utilize payroll deductions for savings, checking, vacation and holiday accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, confidential, professional counseling for employees and their families.
- Employee Services
- Use of exercise equipment in Cardiac Rehab Unit
- Yoga classes offered on-site
- Discounts on services and purchases from local businesses
- Smoke Stoppers classes
- Employee wellness events throughout the year